The Department of Education (DE) promotes professional development for clinician educators across the hospital through interactive programming, sharing of resources, and by building communities of health professionals dedicated to educational excellence. The primary aims of our professional development activities are to promote innovative educational programs, support education research and scholarship, and recognize and reward advances in clinical teaching across the enterprise. Primary professional development activities include:
- BCH Academy for Teaching and Educational Innovation and Scholarship
- Teaching Certificate Program
- Educational Consultations
- Peer Coaching and Master Teacher Observations
- Collaborative Projects and Programs with UME, GME, Continuing Education, Office of Equity and Inclusion, and Office of Faculty Development
Additionally, the Boston Children’s Hospital DE provides training and support for: integrating technology into clinical education, information about educational grants and fellowships, and resources for career advancement in healthcare professional education.