The Department of Medical Education promotes professional development for clinician educators across the hospital through interactive programming, resource sharing, and building communities of healthcare professionals dedicated to educational excellence. The primary aims of our professional development activities are to promote innovative educational programs, support medical education research and scholarship, and recognize and reward advances in clinical teaching. Primary professional development activities include:
- BCH Academy for Teaching and Educational Innovation and Scholarship
- Teaching Certificate Program
- Educational Consultations and Coaching
- Peer and Master Teacher Observations
- Collaborative Projects and Programs with UME, GME, CME, and Office of Faculty Development
Additionally, Boston Children’s Hospital DME provides training and support for integrating technology into clinical education, information about educational grants and fellowships, and resources for career advancement in health professions’ education.