The clinical training in pediatric dentistry program commences on July 1 and is preceded by several required orientation days. Early application is encouraged. The application deadline is September 2 of the preceding year.
Our highly competitive program attracts applicants who are in the top 10 percent of their dental school classes and score above 85 percent in Part I of the National Board of Dental Examiners Examination.
The Harvard University/Boston Children’s Hospital Residency in Pediatric Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service. PASS is a centralized application service for students pursuing postdoctoral education in all areas of dentistry, including pediatric dentistry (PED).
- Once your materials are received, PASS generally processes them within 10 business days.
- You will receive a confirmation copy.
- Programs to which you apply receive a candidate report that includes biographical information, a copy of your essay and supplemental responses, your dean’s letter of recommendation and dental school transcript(s).
- PASS also sends programs a comprehensive roster that lists all students that have been processed as applicants to their program.
Applicants may obtain applications in any of the following ways:
We require that you send in the following supplemental materials directly to the program: CV, 2×2 photo, original DAT and NDBE. Please send them to:
Boston Children’s Hospital
Attn: Dental Residency Coordinator
300 Longwood Avenue — Hunnewell 406
Mail Stop: 3071
Boston MA 02115
For additional questions or concerns contact Cassandra Roberson, Dental Residency Coordinator, at Cassandra.Roberson@childrens.harvard.edu.
To obtain PASS application:
- Phone: 202-332-8790
- Fill out a downloadable application request form, located on the PASS website.
The timeline for application processing is also available through the PASS website.
The Match Program
The Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard University Residency in Pediatric Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Match Program. In order to be considered for one of four slots offered annually in this program, a candidate must be registered with “The Match.”
To obtain more information, please contact the Postdoctoral Dental Match Program:
Postdoctoral Dental Match Program
c/o National Matching Services
595 Bay Street, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5G 2C2