International application information
The clinical training in pediatric dentistry program commences on July 1 and is preceded by several orientation days. Early application is encouraged. The application deadline is September 2 of the preceding year.
Our highly competitive program attracts applicants who are in the top 10 percent of their dental school classes and score above 85 percent in Part I of the National Board of Dental Examiners Examination.
The Harvard University/Boston Children’s Hospital Residency in Pediatric Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service. PASS is a centralized application service for students pursuing postdoctoral education in all areas of dentistry, including pediatric dentistry (PED).
- Once your materials are received, PASS generally processes them within 10 business days.
- You will receive a confirmation copy.
- Programs to which you apply receive a candidate report that includes biographical information, a copy of your essay and supplemental responses, your dean’s letter of recommendation and dental school transcript(s).
- PASS also sends programs a comprehensive roster that lists all students that have been processed as applicants to their program.
To obtain PASS application
Applicants may obtain applications in any of the following ways:
- Phone: 202-332-8790
- Download a copy from the PASS website.
- Fill out a downloadable application request form, located on the PASS website.
The timeline for application processing is also available through the PASS website.
Submitting your academic records
International applicants must submit official academic records bearing the signature of the registrar or another academic official and either a raised or ink stamp or seal of the issuing institution. Records must be issued in the original language and be accompanied by certified English translations.
International students are required to take the TOEFL exam if their native language is not English. The TOEFL scores must be from a test taken within the past two years. The minimum acceptable overall score is 95, with subcategory score minimums of Reading 21, Listening 17, Speaking 24, and Writing 25. The TOEFL test is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), CN6151, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6151. You should take the test no later than May to ensure that your score arrives by the application deadline.
The Match Program
The Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard University Residency in Pediatric Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Match Program. In order to be considered for one of four slots offered annually in this program, a candidate must be registered with “The Match.”
To obtain more information, please contact the Postdoctoral Dental Match Program:
Postdoctoral Dental Match Program
c/o National Matching Services
595 Bay Street, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5G 2C2
Phone: (416) 977-3431