Applications are managed through ERAS and typically open in June/July.
Applicants must be ABMS-board certified or board eligible in a primary specialty (e.g., pediatrics, surgery, radiology, etc.) by the July 5 start date. Typically this means you must have completed a residency training program in the U.S. or Canada. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from those who don’t meet this criterion at this time.
- Applicants should fill out the Clinical Informatics Fellowship application through ERAS (https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/).
- During COVID-19 all interviews have been virtual.
- Applicants must also apply separately to the master’s program in biomedical informatics (http://informaticstraining.hms.harvard.edu/about/mbi).
- Most fellows will complete the accelerated 36-credit program over the course of the two-year fellowship.
- If necessary, we will help applicants acquire the prerequisites needed for the master’s program during the first few months of the fellowship, before the formal coursework begins.
- For additional questions about the master’s program, please contact Rebecca_fitzhugh@hms.harvard.edu.
- When applying to the master’s program, please email email@example.com to request an application fee waiver by letting them know you are applying for the Boston Children’s CI fellowship.