The Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine welcomes graduating student nurse anesthetists and those Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists interested in pursuing a career in pediatric nurse anesthesia to apply for the 12-month fellowship.
In order to be considered for the Fellowship, applicants must:
- Graduate with at least a master’s degree from a COA accredited nurse anesthesia program.
- Receiving a passing score on the NBCRNA National Certifying Exam.
- Hold an unencumbered license to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Hold an unencumbered Advanced Practice Nursing license as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Have demonstrated a history of professional behavior, self-directed learning, and motivation for professional growth throughout their nursing careers and CRNA education.
- Submit three letters of recommendation, including from: pediatric clinical rotation mentor/preceptor, nurse anesthesia program director or faculty, and former professional colleague.
- Submit an updated CV, including rotations completed as an SRNA for new graduate applicants.
- Provide a 1-2 page, single spaced personal statement on goals for the fellowship and why the candidate is pursuing pediatric nurse anesthesia.
For more information, please email:
Fellows will be the employees of the Children’s Hospital Medical Center Anesthesia Foundation, the sole anesthesia provider group of Boston Children’s Hospital for the 12-month duration of the fellowship. Opportunity for post-Fellowship employment with the Foundation may be available but is not guaranteed and not a requirement for admission.
The Boston Children’s Hospital Pediatric Nurse Anesthesia Fellowship has been accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068; 847-655-1160.