Application process and forms
We recruit for five fellowship positions annually.
The Harvard Medical School Fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Boston Children’s Hospital participates in the Association of American Medical Colleges’ Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants should visit the ERAS site for more information about the submission process and relevant fees. Fellowship applications should include:
- completed ERAS Common Application Form (CAF)
- at least three (no more than four) letters of recommendation
- medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation or letter from the dean of your medical school
- wallet-sized color photograph of applicant’s face
- USMLE or ECFMG scores
- a personal statement outlining the reasons for applicant’s interest in pursuing a career in pediatric gastroenterology, as well as applicant’s academic plans and research interests. Commentary on a particular interest(s) in obtaining either physician-scientist or clinician-innovator training is encouraged.
- updated curriculum vitae
For more information, please contact Paul A. Rufo, MD, MMSc, Fellowship Program Director, or Erin O’Reilly, Fellowship Program Administrator of the HMS Fellowship in Pediatric GI/Nutrition, at the e-mail address and telephone numbers provided below.
Fellows in our program receive funding through a T32 training grant provided by the National Institutes of Health. Participation is limited to physicians with American citizenship or green card status. Nonetheless, foreign applicants interested in pursuing training may choose to secure independent funding from principal investigators in basic or clinical research groups to complete their training in Boston. However, concrete plans and a written commitment for funding must be in place before closing the ERAS match data. The program director and division chief must review all funding plans.
Please address questions to:
Christine K. Lee, MD