This page will provide you with the necessary course information for The Lennox-Lombroso Pediatric Epilepsy Conference. Please select the tab with your role.
Thank you for agreeing to present at The Lennox-Lombroso Pediatric Epilepsy Conference on September 21-22, 2023. The conference will be held in-person and via Zoom. Please see below for important dates and information.
|Week of Aug. 28
|Link to Slide Submission
|Link to Disclosure
Link to Speaker Agreement
- a signed disclosure form is required for participation in the conference. Please submit the disclosure form as soon as possible, no later than August 4, 2023.
- note: a slide with a disclosure statement is also required at the beginning of all presentations.
- We ask that you sign a speaker agreement, by which you attest to reading and agreeing to the guidelines for online continuing education. There is a link to the guidelines in the speaker agreement. The guidelines include a description of the conditions under which you may use copyrighted images in your presentation.
- As indicated in the speaker agreement, speakers are responsible for the content in their slides with regard to copyright and Patient Identifiable Information.
- Consent form from any individuals featured in images or video.
- Please submit the speaker agreement form as soon as possible, no later than August 4, 2023.
- Please submit slides here by August 4, 2023.
- The CME department will be reviewing presentations to ensure that they are copyright compliant.
- If citations are missing or other revisions are indicated, we will ask you to revise and resubmit your slides.
- If you have any questions about image citations, please reference the “Image Credits and Journal Citations” section below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include 3 (plus or minus) learning objectives at the beginning of your slides.
- It is best practice to determine your objectives for your learners prior to developing your presentation, and then shape your talk to meet the objectives.
Image Credits and Journal Citations
- Ideally, permission to use images in your presentation is granted by the rights holder, e.g. by a creative commons or other license, or is in the public domain.
- As noted in the guidelines you are agreeing to, conference presentations fall under fair use, so copyrighted images may be used without permission.
- In order for fair use to apply, source information for images must be provided.
- If the image came from a journal article, include a complete journal citation (or as complete as you can).
- For images that did not come a journal, include
- “[image title] by,” if title is known, otherwise just use “image by” or “photo by”
- the image owner’s name and the type of license that covers use of the image.
- source, e.g., the website from with the image was downloaded
- the license, if available
Image Citation Examples
Cuello‐Garcia CA, Mai SHC, Simpson R, Al‐Harbi S, Choong K. Early Mobilization in Critically Ill Children: A Systematic Review. J Pediatr. 2018;203:25‐33.
Image by Lukas Schlagenhauf, Wikimedia Commons, CC BY-ND 2.0
Owner only, no permission
Photo (or Image) by Owner’s Name, Site Name.
Owner only, with permission
Photo (or Image) by Owner’s Name, Site Name. Used with permission.
Web Image Tools and Resources
|Drag/drop biological icons from a library to easily create illustrations and diagrams.
|Google advanced image search
|On the initial results page, select “Tools” under the search field, then select the “Usage Rights” drop down to filter for creative commons results.
|Creative Commons Image Search
|Filter images by Creative Commons license type including commercial usage; browse collections by museums and other organizations.
|Extension of Wikipedia which includes images in the public domain, or with Creative Commons licenses.
|Free online image database, licensed for public use. Images are not clinically specific.
|User generated images, some clinically specific. Use advanced Flickr search to find images OK for commercial use. Click “Any License” near top left to drop down options list. Then choose “Commercial use allowed.”
Course Director Information
|Finalized Faculty List
*We understand why faculty lists may change closer to the conference date.
|Week of 4/17
|Week of 6/19
|Week of 9/11
*Emails will be sent to course directors for approval